Start a new topic

UK - England

Hi,

I'm based in Oxford, UK; however, get to London regularly.

I'm looking to connect with people in the London area that are learning how to use the En-ROADS model and sharing the model with others.

I'm also interested in exploring ways to integrate the model with other thinking such as the Doughnut from Doughnut Economics. (e.g. planetary boundaries and the SDG).

Bruce

2 people like this idea

Hello Bruce

I am also based in Oxford and work for the environmental charity Earthwatch.

It would be great if we talk and share our thinking together - excited about the other models you outline too. I love PB's :-)

My email is pscott@earthwatch.org.uk

Hi Paul, I saw your post on the ambassador link and was hoping you would reply here.  I see the Canadians are getting a small group together - I am impressed.

I've actually seen your website and have a copy of the 2018 Annual Review.  I'm quite impressed with your activities in this area .. and that you have used En-ROADS already.  I'm happy to learn more about how you are using the model.

I'm still on a steep learning curve in this area.  I am attending as many public lectures from the Oxford Martin School as I can.  Very enlightening.. I attended the net-zero conference in Oxford last year.  I have also been attending conferences sponsored by the 'Oxfordshire low carbon hub'.  

I'm happy to meet any time in Oxford.  Here is my email.  bruce.mcnaughton@change-aide.com

Regards, Bruce

I live in Edinburgh, work with System Dynamics models mostly in health and social care, and am hoping to get actively engaged with this model. So, if there is anything going on in any part of the UK, please let me know / connect.

Hi Douglas, I am doing workshops in Edinburgh. Do you want to link up? 

Hi David, yes please. You can email me douglas@symmetriclab.com 

Hi Douglas,

I was just going to suggest you check out the UK-Scotland group that David has started; however, I see you are now connected.

I believe that David is now an official ambassador.  

BTW:  I would be interested in learning more about your system dynamics models in health and social care.  My email is:  bruce.mcnaughton@change-aide.com.  

Bruce

Hi there from Kenya.

I am an organic farming trainer having founded the organization SOFAFRICA (spreading organic farming in Africa)

I am passionate about Agro Ecological Regenerative Agriculture and Rural Development as a viable and sustainable approach to turn around smallholder agriculture from mere subsistence farming to a more commercial enterprise.
An action oriented attitude towards yielding results.
A promoter and experienced trainer of Agro-ecological techniques towards social, economic and environmental conservation in Africa.
A change maker on how food is produced and linking the plate with the farm for a more safe and nutritious food to the ever increasing population.
A champion and advocate of Organic market Enterprises and Agribusinesses through value addition to create employment in the rural areas and reverse the rural to urban migration

We provide training to farmers and schools on climate change mitigation strategies, indigenous seed saving, water and soil conservation, organic agriculture, natural resources conservation, rural development, nutrition, animal welfare, human rights especially for the young, elderly, handicap, mentally retarded, disabled  and related issues based on public policy, the best available Research science, and effective management.

We have a vision to provide economic opportunity through innovation, helping rural Kenyans to thrive; to promote agriculture production that better nourishes Kenyans/ Africans while also helping feed others throughout the world; and to preserve our Nation's natural resources through conservation, restored forests, improved watersheds, and healthy private working lands.

Our strategic goals serve as a roadmap towards helping us to ensure we achieve our mission and implement our vision.

Regards: Simon murungi CEO

1 person likes this

Hi Folks

I'm based in London, near the Twickenham Rugby Stadium, and been working through the EnRoads Training...and about to set up a few workshops with friends and family. When school reopens, I'm a Geography Teacher, the aim is to run workshops with pupils...

I'm a novice to EnRoads but excited about learning more. 

It would be great to get in touch with others around the London area>  kulbirnatt@gmail.com

All the best.

Kulbir

Login or Signup to post a comment