Start a new topic

How to connect with other educators

Many educators have been reaching out to us with their plans to use En-ROADS in their courses in the coming year. With the transition to remote learning in many classrooms, the ability to hold the En-ROADS Workshop and Climate Action Simulation online is a great opportunity to engage students in critical thinking about climate change. 

This forum is a resource for you to ask questions, share resources, and create collaboration between classrooms and institutions. You can post here with your experiences using En-ROADS, your successes and challenges, and learning plans you have developed around this material. 

You can also connect with other educators who might be able to co-facilitate an En-ROADS workshop with you, especially if you're still doing the training yourself. Then, "pay it forward" and help someone else!

1 person likes this idea

I am planning on using the World Climate simulation and En-ROADS in the last class of my course, "Climate Change and Development."  The course will be online.  Any suggestions about running the whole simulation online?  

1 person likes this

I'm collaborating with the Business School in Trinity College Dublin to introduce EnRoads to a 2nd year module from this coming term - eager to talk to anyone else looking at integration with an academic program on the point. 

1 person likes this

I used the simulator as the basis for my latest book, Ejected--The Story that Solves the Climate Crisis. Although the story is fiction, the solutions are real. My aim is to have the story double as a memorable educational manual on how to end the climate crisis. The book is geared for concerned individuals ages 13+ or even classroom teachers to use as curriculum. (The reading level is 7th-8th grade.) I hope that other teachers will use the book as a jumping-off point for discussions and I would be happy to get your class free copies. https://www.amazon.com/Ejected-Story-Solves-Climate-Crisis/dp/0997113197

I can be reached at goodgreenlifepub@gmail.com

Login or Signup to post a comment