Start a new topic

The Biden Climate Change Plan

Can someone or group of people look at Biden's Climate Change Plan and translate it into En-Roads? I understand that En-Roads is looking at global actions and Biden's plan is only based in the US. But it would be extremely useful to understand its effectiveness, if it was used globally. Any takers? 

I would love to have this information by August 27, the date for a climate change event I am hosting for Sister District.  

it is better if each region (state, province) has its own unique separate program.
For example, the state of California. The refusal of the population to accumulate water from the rains, flooding of settlements with water from the rains, earthquakes, fires, burned cities, as in Australia. Death of birds and animals. Growth of deserts, unemployment, evacuation of the population.Damage to farmers.
In Massachusetts. The death of frogs from drought, an increase in the number of tornadoes-starvation in herons. Their flights in search of food in quiet regions. The increase in the number of tornadoes and thunderstorms, hurricanes in the summer. Flooding from hurricanes.

it is better if each region (state, province) has its own unique separate program.
For example, the state of California. The refusal of the population to accumulate water from the rains, flooding of settlements with water from the rains, earthquakes, fires, burned cities, as in Australia. Death of birds and animals. Growth of deserts, unemployment, evacuation of the population. Damage to farmers.
In Massachusetts. The death of frogs from drought, an increase in the number of tornadoes-starvation in herons. Their flights in search of food in quiet regions. The increase in the number of tornadoes and thunderstorms, hurricanes in the summer. Flooding from hurricanes.

I am not asking for better or worse. I just want to help people understand what Biden's plan would do for the climate. And I know Biden's plan is only for the US. I am asking if someone could use En-Roads to illustrate its effectiveness by assuming that it is a world wide plan, just to illustrate the effect. 

I'm looking to do something like this - put a specific version of Biden's plans into EnROADS, and look at the output. I'm surprised that nobody else has already done this. I might be able to do it (though not by your deadline, sorry), but I'm still hopeful that someone else already has and I'm just not finding it.

Thanks Debra. The event was last Thursday, so don’t worry about a specific date anymore. Still a very important project though. Hope you can figure it out. It might be very difficult because the policies seem so amorphous.

I also would be most interested to know how to enter Biden's climate plan into EnRoads. I am doing a virtual presentation to a local library on Oct 13 and would like to use his plan to demonstrate how ER works and what his plan does for the climate. It seems there would need to be a lot of approximating how much to move the sliders. Any thoughts would be great. Thanks, Paul Perkins, Bath, Me. 

Login or Signup to post a comment